East Anglia is a good and growing market for wood pellets. Much of the area is off the gas grid and is therefore heating with oil, LPG or electricity. Fossil fuel prices remain volatile.
If you want to help the environment and stabilise your energy costs, biomass heat funded by the Renewable Heat Incentive is the obvious option. East Anglia is not a heavily-forested area, so you can have more confidence that fuel will remain available and competitive with wood pellet (which can be transported long distances at minimal cost and impact) than with wood chip (which needs to be supplied locally to where it is produced).
We completed construction of a bespoke wood pellet depot at Snailwell, between Newmarket and Soham, in April 2012 and began operating from there in May 2012.
Newmarket is well located to serve Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk, as well as parts of the East Midlands and Home Counties.
CM Biomass opened a wood pellet store at Ingham, near Bury St Edmunds, in summer 2016. This store provides the capacity to import wood pellets locally (e.g. via Ipswich), rather than haul them into region.
We offer deliveries direct from Ingham, and feed our wood pellet depot near Newmarket from Ingham. This development significantly reduces the cost and the carbon footprint of wood pellets for East Anglia.
We offer wood pellets from Verdo's import store in Ipswich if they offer better value for our customers in the southern part of the region.
Forever Fuels can also supply East Anglia from its depots in Maidenhead (Berkshire) and Retford (Nottinghamshire). These sites will continue to provide cover if there are problems with the depots or trucks in East Anglia.
Our network of depots and fleet of specialist wood pellet delivery trucks means that you can have confidence that we will be able to deliver to you regardless of problems with individual pieces of equipment.
We offer deliveries with 4-wheel, 6-wheel, and 8-wheel pressurised tankers and with articulated bulker-blowers from Newmarket and Ingham.
The region is supported with more 4-, 6- and 8-wheel tankers at Maidenhead and Retford.
With the 4-wheelers and the rear-steer 6-wheelers, we offer the most manoeuvrable vehicles of any wood pellet supplier, with the ability to gain access to relatively inaccessible sites, such as may be found in many of the more rural or tighter urban locations in the region.
Forever Fuels operates the highest-specification, dedicated wood pellet delivery vehicles in the country.
- We run tankers rather than tippers because it treats the pellets more gently (the pellets encounter no moving parts on a tanker, whereas they are ground by a rotary valve and a pair of augers on a tipper), and also required less overhead clearance on delivery. The bulker-blowers are tippers, but are for larger customers whose systems should not be as sensitive to degradation during delivery.
- We offer 6-wheelers and 4-wheelers to give a better chance of accessing awkward sites than the converted 8-wheel animal-feed tippers used by many of our competitors. Most of our 6-wheelers are equipped with rear-steer or lifting rear-axle for additional manoeuvrability.
- All our tankers are equipped with suction systems for dust extraction and (more importantly) pressure equalisation in your fuel store. Your store must have an outlet with a Storz 110A or Camlok flange and a power socket available for us to plug the extractor into, in order to take advantage of this facility.
- All our pressurised tankers are equipped with Legal for Trade weigh loaders so you can be confident that you have been charged for exactly what you received (to an accuracy of 20kg) when we bill you according to the measurements on our weigh loaders. Because of potential inaccuracies and over-charging, it is against Trading Standards regulations to bill customers according to the readings from weigh-loaders that are not Legal for Trade, as most of our competitors' weigh-loaders are not.
Our drivers are specialists, trained how to use these vehicles to give the best results, e.g. minimising dust and managing the speed and pressure of delivery.
To our knowledge, we still have around two-thirds of the specialist pressurised tankers for wood pellet deliveries in the UK. Our large fleet of high-spec vehicles means that you can be confident of the quality of service you will receive from us, regardless of the repair and maintenance work that needs to be carried out on all vehicles from time to time.
Quality, security and value
Our investment in depots and trucks ensures that we can offer competitive prices and a high level of service in the area. Large parts of East Anglia have suffered from lack of access to the gas grid and high heating-oil prices. We believe wood pellets are an ideal fuel for the region.
Environment and sustainability
Our investment ensures that wood pellets are delivered as efficiently as possible into the area, with the maximum environmental benefit. We have Biomass Supplier List (BSL) IDs for all the wood pellets that we supply in the area, so you can be confident that the government has certified that they are sustainable.
Local prices and carbon footprints
Our spot prices for blown deliveries of wood pellets vary according to location, season, load-size, vehicle-requirement and market rates.
We also offer annual or multi-year contracts, with options:
- for us to manage your fuel for you, inclusive of pellets, delivery, level-sensor and monitoring and scheduling services, and/or
- summer/winter pricing, so those with stores that can hold a good proportion of their annual requirement can take advantage of cheaper summer prices.
These options are likely to offer you a better deal than our basic spot price. Contact us to see how we can offer you the best deal.